Being a popular choice among homeowners as a roofing type, tile roofs are just as popular in Broken Arrow, OK. It is clear why they are popular when you consider their unique appearance and durability. If you care for your tile roof well, it could easily last you 75 years or more. When neglected, they will quickly sprout leaks and otherwise deteriorate. You need to take care of tile roof repairs the moment you find damage to prevent it from worsening. You have two main choices to do this, one, repair it yourself, two, quickly call on a Broken Arrow tile roof repair company to complete the repairs efficiently and perfectly. Either way, tiles are not cheap to repair, so your best course of action will always be tile roof maintenance.
Advantages of Tile Roofs
Tile roofs are more traditionally made of clay, but now there are many more materials available. No matter which type you go with, here are some of the biggest pros to having a tile roof in Broken Year:
1. Fire-Resistance Being nearly completely fireproof, tile roofs will suffer little to no damage during house fires, unless their supports are weakened and the roof collapses of course. But typically, this will save you the need for tile roof reconstruction in the case of a fire.
2. Weatherproof In addition to being impervious to fire, tile roofs tend to hold up great in all weather conditions. Anything from harsh winters to strong storms, well-maintained tile roofs will hold up better than almost any other roof material.
3. Aesthetically Appealing Coming in a multitude of styles, colors, and materials, you can make your tile roof look completely unique to you and the style you are going for.
4. Durability To top it all off, when tile roofs are cared for properly, they prove to be one of the most durable and long-lasting materials that you can get your hands on. Lasting over 75 years when installed and maintained well, tile roofs easily outlast the 25 years of other roof materials. This can easily save you some good money by avoiding tile roof replacement.
Disadvantages of Tile Roofs
Even with all of these amazing advantages of tile roofs, they also come with plenty of disadvantages you will need to deal with.
1. Tile Roof Cost Money, money, money, you better have plenty when you decide to go with a tile roof in Broken Arrow, OK. Everything from tile roof installation to tile roof repair will cost more than other materials. The tiles themselves are also quite heavy, this will require a stronger foundation to support them. If you have the money, tile roofs are an amazing choice, but many people simply don’t.
2. Difficulty of Tile Roof Repair This partially ties into the expense of tile roofs in that they are hard to repair and maintain making it cost more. Being incredibly brittle and weak to blunt force, tiles will break even by walking over them, thus making it tedious and technical to repair. For this reason, you will likely be unable to repair yourself and will need to hire only the best Broken Arrow, OK residential roof repair contractor for your tile roof maintenance and repair. It is not easy to fix broken roof tiles, to stay safe, you should not attempt your own repairs unless you are a trained tile roof repair specialist. At the end of the day, it will not be easy fixing roof tiles.
How to Maintain a Tile Roof?
Just as with every roofing material, the best way to ensure your roof lasts as long as possible, you will need regular tile roof maintenance. To avoid having to fix broken roof tiles, here are some of the fundamental tile roof maintenance tips that will help you get started:
1. Trim any Nearby Trees Due to their brittle nature, tiles are threatened immensely by any nearby trees. When trees are close enough, their branches will scrape your roof and can break your tiles. Apart from breaking roof tiles, trees also contribute to a constant supply of natural debris and vegetation, which can cause blockages and moisture. To avoid this, simply trim back trees when they encroach on your roof.
2. Annual Inspections Spring is a great time for tile roof inspections as a large amount of roof damage tends to happen during the winter from snow and ice. After the snow melts away, any damaged tiles can be quickly found and repaired before they worsen and become leaks. You can do this yourself by using a pair of binoculars to search your tile roof from the ground. If you’re looking for a professional inspection, we offer great priced tile roof inspections at Broken Arrow Tile Roof Repair. This will ensure that everything wrong with your roof can be quickly found and repaired before expensive to repair damage arises.
3. Clear Algae and Moss Moss and algae absolutely love to grow in and around tile roofs. Luckily, it is easy to remove any growth from roof tiles. Using a low-pressure washer and detergent, you can spray away any moss and algae while preventing more from growing.
How Much Does Tile Roof Repair Cost?
Being difficult to repair and install, tile roof repair is expensive, or at least more expensive than other roof types. You can expect to pay anywhere from $400-$8,000 for Broken Arrow, OK tile roof repair, the lower end being minor cracked roof tile repair costs and the higher end being tile roof replacement costs. For an accurate cost, have us give you an inspection or you could get a free quote right away!
How Do I Find Tile Roofers Near Me?
If you are still thinking to yourself “How do I find tile roof repair services near me in Broken Arrow, OK?” then you have found the right page. At Broken Arrow Tile Roof Repair, we have a team of world-class tile roof repair experts here to help you with your repair needs. Here are some of the services we offer:
Cracked roof tile repair
Spanish tile roof repair
Clay tile roof repair
Leaking roof tiles
Tile roof restoration
Concrete roof repair
Tile roof leak repair
Single roof tile replacement
Have us give you a free quote right now by simply giving us a call!